Yes folks. It is here. Our first major release since last February. Go to the following URL to find out more – http://www.discussoftware.com/news/3/15/. Let us know what you think. More tips to come shortly!!
Archive for January, 2010
If you don’t have much First Article Inspection (FAI) activity, consider DISCUS for Inspection Planning is an easy-to-use and affordable application.
* Create documentation for in-process as well as final inspection.
* Create customized work instructions, inspection forms, and process illustrations for each operation.
* Meet your unique business situation with standardized and tailored configurations.
* Reconcile all of the characteristics for in-process drawings as well as in-process characteristics
* Reduce or eliminate MRB activity and other quality non-conformances.
In less than 4 minutes, you can see for yourself ttp://www.discussoftware.com/videos/8.html
I have been looking at DISCUS 3D and if the model already contains GD&T, such as welding symbols, surface finishes, coordinate dimensions, etc., DISCUS automatically ADDS balloons to the model and creates the BoC. Then if you want, add a spec and associate the spec details. Works GREAT! This will save hours and hours of time. Incredible!
Check out DISCUS Inspection Planning
Reduce/eliminate MRB activity and other escapes…How? DISCUS Inspection Planning reconciles / helps you account for all of the chars in the in-process drawing agains the final. Check out the website for demos. https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/630118610
If you like to drop balloons and capture data later, this technique is ideal for ensuring you have addressed every item you have ballooned.
- Drop the balloons on the print.
- For each balloon select the Image icon on the tool bar and drag a rectangle around each item.
- To ensure you have captured all, select the third icon in the BoC (filter) and select incomplete. All incomplete items will display and complete each.
- Click Next to address the subsequent item.
- If you want more or less in your BoC panel, easily customize the view in the BoC.
- In the BoC, click the Configure Column icon, fourth from the top.
- To remove an item, such as location, click on it and click on the left pointing arrow to remove it to the not used column.
- To add an item, click on it and click on the right pointing arrow to move it to the used column.
- To select all, click on the double left or right-pointing arrow, as needed.