Archive for May, 2010
If you have to skip balloon numbers, for example, for a legacy drawing and a revision change, you can do so easily by creating groups. In this example, assume you need balloons 1-10, then 25, 32 and 54-77.
Plan out your numbering system and set up various groups. You will be switching between groups and pressing Escape prior to switching the groups (nothing should be selected when switching groups.)
- Under Drawing, click to Create a Group. Entitle the Group 25 and enter 25 as the start at number.
- Repeat for the next Group, in this case, entitle the Group 32. Enter the start at number as 32.
- Repeat for the final Group, in this case entitle the Group 55-77. Enter as the start at number as 55.
- Start ballooning with the Default and balloon 1-10 for example.
- Press Escape (It is important not to have anything selected in the BoC as you switch groups.
- Under Drawing, click to select a new group, and in this case, select Group 25. Balloon that item. You have skipped 11-24 at this point.
- Press Escape, as before.
- Under Drawing, click to select a new group, and in this case, select Group 32. Balloon that item. You have skipped 26-31 at this point.
- Press Escape, as before.
- Under Drawing, click to select a new group, and in this case, select Group 55-77. Balloon that item. You have skipped 32-54 at this point.
To enter the various sections of AS9102 do the following:
- Under File | TDP Properties, enter the various fields and save.
- To complete other fields in the AS9102 header, click Results and then Reports.
- Click the Default and click Edit. Enter the data for serial number etc. Save the data. Edit as necessary for each TDP.
- This information will display on the AS9102 output.
If you need to clear out the results in the TDP for a separate Part number, you can do so.
- Save the current TDP.
- Go to Results and create a New Report
- Pick any Report and enter the required data in the fields. Set as active.
- Results are removed for that TDP.
- Be sure the one TDP with results is named separately (TDP Properties) and save that separately from the TDP without results.
Ever wonder if that DISCUS icon could be changed or you wanted to add a new balloon shape? Let us know by sending us a feature request!! There are quite a number of DISCUS features that have been suggested by our customers. Exporting results to multiple rows in excel, key characteristic designator and text annotation are examples of suggestions given to us and turned into actual features. You can have a say in how DISCUS works!!
You can do this by simply sending an email to email@example.com. If you click on the hyper link associated with this email address, it should automatically launch your email client and create a new email with the subject “Feature Request”. Be specific as to the way it could improve DISCUS – include any screen shots if necessary. Another way is to login to our website and go to the following link and create a feature request. In the category dropdown, choose the type of feature you want and then enter information about it.
Even though we take all feature requests seriously, we can’t guarantee that we will include them in a future DISCUS release. We do value the opinions of our DISCUS user community and believe in the “Voice of the Customer”.