Archive for September, 2010
Wednesday, September 29th, 2010
- Access the DISCUS download page:http://www.discussoftware.com/try-buy/downloads.html
- Create an account, if you have not done so already.
- Download DISCUS FAI or Planner.
- Launch DISCUS and click the button to request an evaluation license.
- DISCUS Sales will contact you about scheduling the license to best meet your needs.
- As soon as you receive your license, the 15-day evaluation starts.
- You can evaluate, Basic, OCR, Results. Or you can request a Planner evaluation.
Monday, September 27th, 2010
- Click Zone/Grid Properties and apply the Grid.
- Reopen the Zone/Grid Properties and deselect Equidistant.
- On the Drawing, click the corner of the grid and move the entire grid to the proper grid marks on the drawing.
- This way you won’t have to move each line (horizontal or vertical) at a time. You move the entire grid at once to the correct location.
Monday, September 20th, 2010
- If you are capturing the text from your PDF drawing and you have very different data from what you have captured, the PDF may have hidden digital information.
- Be sure to select Tools | OCR Settings and click OCR rather than PDF.
- To see the difference between the hidden and actual text, click Let User Choose and you will have two presentations of the data and you can choose which one to use.
- Typically, you will want to select OCR.