If you are new to DISCUS, the Get Started Video gives you instant direction in creating a DISCUS Technical Data Package (TDP). Many new customers use this video to jumpstart their DISCUS training.
Archive for November, 2010
- If the PDF is of poor quality, setting the Dots per Inch (DPI) to a lower resolution may improve the output quality.
- Select the item in the Bill of Characteristics (BoC) and click the Characteristics Properties Icon.
- If the item is poorly represented, reduce the dpi.
- Click Tools and OCR settings and set lower than 600, such as 400 dpi.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 if applicable. Reduce dpi until you get the result best represented.
When you create a custom template, you can save it to the DISCUS template files so when you export the BoC, it is a drop-down option. Here is a quick and easy way to find how to save your template. This depends on the location your templates are saved, as VISTA will have a different location than XP for example. Save as many templates as you wish to this location.
- To find the location to save: Click Tools and Profile Settings. The Profile Manager displays.
- Under the Change Profile Directory button is a field that displays where the templates are stored.
- Record this path and save your template to that exact path as it is designated on the Profle Manager page.
- When done with your FAI and ready to export, click BoC and Export to Excel. Click the drop-down list and your template displays.
- Select your template.
- Click the next Browse (below) to save the output.
- Click Export. The DISCUS information will populate the template you created.
Register for an informative 30-minute interactive demo that shows you the basic DISCUS functionality and provides a forum to ask questions and get answers right away. Click below to register for DISCUS Basic, 3D, Inspection Planning, New CMM release (soon)–all part of the full DISCUS products.