- If you have number of places represented on a drawing, DISCUS OCR can recognize them if they are presented as 4X for example, in which 4 is the number of places.
- Or, you can enter 4X in the Characteristic Properties box and then click Evaluate.
- The number of places will be 4, for example. Naturally you can enter any number and then X for the value to be populated.
Archive for December, 2010
- As you balloon, if the value is represented as 1.25 MIN or 1.25 MAX, DISCUS OCR can correctly structure this as min or max value.
- Or in the Characteristics Properties box, enter 1.25 MIN or 1.25 MAX and then click Evaluate and the data is properly structured.
- You can enter any value and enter MIN or MAX for this data.
If you have OCR, this technology can recognize certain patterns. If your drawing is not presented in these patterns, enter the values in the text field in the Character Properties box as follows and then click Evaluate:
- R .25 returns a value of Radius, either as a single value or toleranced, if identified previously in the Tools Default Tolerances function. Enter the letter R before your value creates a Characteristic Type of radius.
- R .25 MAX returns a value of Radius with a maximum value of .25 for example.
- R .25 MIN returns a value of Radius with a minimum value of .25 for example.
- R .25 +- .01 returns a value of Radius with the nominal of .25 with the upper and lower limits of .01.
Again, if you enter the letter R and any value, structured as above and then click Evaluate the data is populated in the BoC.